The term incident can be defined as an occurrence, condition, or situation arising in the course of work that resulted in or could have resulted in injuries, illnesses, damage to health, or fatalities.
Reasons to investigate a workplace incident include:
- most importantly, to find out the cause of incidents and to prevent similar incidents in the future
- to fulfill any legal requirements
- to determine the cost of an incident
- to determine compliance with applicable regulations (e.g., occupational health and safety, criminal, etc.)
- to process workers’ compensation claims
The same principles apply to an inquiry of a minor incident and to the more formal investigation of a serious event. Most importantly, these steps can be used to investigate any situation (e.g., where no incident has occurred … yet) as a way to prevent an incident.
Eastern Safety Services provides you training the Incident Investigation knowledge, technique and skills to conduct a proper investigation when an incident do occur in your workplace. Our training also provides you with a hands-on experience with conducting an incident investigation.
Call us today to see how we can help bring Incident Investigation training to your organization.