Confined Space Entry (2 day) (Workplace NL)
Eastern Safety Services offers this Workplace NL approved two-day training course.
The Newfoundland and Labrador Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, Section 511 (3) states that a person shall not work in a confined space after January 1, 2013 unless he or she has completed a confined space entry certification training program prescribed by the Commission.
Course Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this confined space entry program students will be able to demonstrate their understanding and discuss:
- The importance of CSE training.
- Legislative roles and responsibilities of workplace parties.
- Confined space entry legislation.
- Roles and responsibilities of employers in developing CSE programs.
- Roles and responsibilities of persons who are working in confined spaces.
- Safety and health hazards of confined spaces.
- The recognition, evaluation and control of confined space hazards through the application of hazard assessments.
- Hazardous atmospheres and testing procedures.
- Control methods for hazardous atmospheres; and/or safety and health hazards.
- Confined space entry permit systems.
- The use, care, storage and maintenance of personal protective equipment (PPE) including respiratory protection and full body harness.
- CSE rescue planning.
- Accident / incident reporting to the employer and the Commission, and the basics of accident/incident (A/I) investigations.
Terms & Conditions
Participants must complete a written examination to confirm their understanding of the topics presented above, and successfully demonstrate the use of CSE procedures and equipment. Student/s will also be expected to perform a weight transfer while wearing a full body harness during practical learning activities. Upon successful completion, students receive a certification card valid for three years.
For more information on this course pleae call or email us. You can also register online for the upcoming courses.