Offers basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth 11-15 years old. Participants learn how to provide care to children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. The course also offers youth the skills to promote themselves as babysitters to prospective families.
- 7-8 hours
- Red Cross Youth Leader
- Minimum 11 years of age (or completion of Grade 5)
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
- First aid skills
- The business of babysitting
- Babysitter’s Manual
- Completion certificate
Eastern Safety Services offers this course on demand.
Please call contact us to register for this course.